Tips For Test Taking
- Keep up with assignments through the year.
- Plan review sessions before the test. Review on your own and with your parents, brothers and sisters as well as with friends.
- DON'T CRAM!!!
- Get a good night's sleep and eat right foods.
- Stay relaxed - too much tension causes you to forget what you have learned.
- Budget your time. Glance through the entire test before starting and estimate how much time you'll have to spend on each question or section.
- READ AND FOLLOW THE TEST DIRECTIONS. Answer only what is called for.
- Check the scoring plan. Find out which questions are most important and if there is a penalty for guessing.
- Answer the questions you are sure about first and then go back to the harder questions.
- Allow five minutes to review, if possible, and correct careless errors or expand on facts.